About the Firm
Southwestern Louisiana Lawyer Delivers Complete Legal Support
Lake Charles firm handles workers’ compensation, injury and family cases
Tackling a legal challenge can cause an enormous strain, but it doesn’t have to be: a caring and competent attorney can ease your burden while working toward a successful outcome. At James R. Morris Law, I draw upon nearly four decades of experience to achieve strong results for clients throughout southwestern Louisiana. Whether you’ve been hurt at work or through someone else’s negligence, I have the ability and experience to maximize your financial recovery. I also assist clients with family law matters, wills, successions and disability applications. If you prefer personalized, one on one representation, instead of large firm formality and bureaucracy, I will make you feel right at home.
Experienced attorney provides effective representation in a relaxed setting
Other than my attendance at Centenary College of Louisiana and LSU Law School, I have lived in Lake Charles my whole life and have been a litigation attorney since 1979. Throughout the community, people trust and recommend me for a number of reasons, mostly because I offer:
- Knowledgeable advice — You can count on receiving detailed counsel that clearly outlines your options and potential consequences. Having represented insurance companies and employers, I understand their procedures and attitudes. That knowledge gives my clients an advantage.
- Highly responsive service — Frequently you hear horror stories from clients of other firms, who do not know the status of their cases. My firm is different. Robin Touchet, my paralegal of 20 years, handles many of the routine activities, but when it comes down to the substantive discussions of your case, you will always meet with me and Robin. I try my best to meet personally with every client at least once a month.
- Comfortable environment — In my Lake Charles office, you’ll find a laid-back, relaxing atmosphere to ease your stress. You’re also likely to find me in jeans and cowboy boots, because I’m most comfortable in them and want you to feel comfortable when meeting with me.
Through a free initial consultation, you will find that I am dedicated to protecting your rights and helping you achieve the greatest recovery possible.
Areas of Practice
Skillful advocate offers compassionate counsel in several practice areas
My firm represents clients throughout southwestern Louisiana in these practice areas:
- Workers’ compensation — If you have been hurt on the job, I will prepare your workers’ compensation claim and help you secure payment for medical costs and weekly benefits.
- Personal injury — In personal injury matters such as auto accidents and falls, I take on insurance companies and pursue full compensation at trial or through a settlement.
- Family law — I provide knowledgeable family law advice to clients who are going through a divorce, a custody dispute or some other domestic conflict.
- Wills — Properly drafted wills and successions are necessary to protect your loved ones and transfer assets to them after death.
- Social Security Disability — Individuals who have long-term medical conditions and are unable to work often face difficulty navigating the complex Social Security Disability system. I can explain the eligibility requirements and help you secure needed payments.
For nearly four decades, I have built a strong reputation throughout the Lake Charles area by working tirelessly for my clients and offering the kind of care one expects from a neighbor.
Contact a knowledgeable and considerate Louisiana lawyer for a free initial consultation
James R. Morris Law represents southwestern Louisiana clients in a wide range of legal actions, including workers’ compensation claims, personal injury litigation and family law matters. Please call 337-656-3333 or contact me online
to schedule a free initial consultation at my Lake Charles office.